Friday, June 22, 2007

Liam

What do you say to a woman who has lost her child. Her baby. A piece of herself. With her in spirit forever, but gone in the physical realm.

Liam.

A name that is embedded in my psyche.

I do not know Kate or her family. I was drawn to her story through Amalah. Filled with all the hope in the world for Ben and for Liam. Checking a blog several times a day for updates. Crushed and sobbing when I read the news of Liam. Questioning God.

I want to scoop her up. Ease a pain that must be all-consuming. Every day, I send out what I can only describe as a mamamojo. To Kate.

To Arcenia. I have thought of you since Liam died, and thought of little Kevin. Knowing I should call you, and also knowing that I am not ready. One day, very soon, know that you can talk to me. I want to hear of Kevin. My nephew. Here in spirit, in the wind, in the trees, in the sun. Much love to you, my sister.

And to you, Kate.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrible. We aren't meant to face such loss.